The 3-Win Approach
The ability to plan for and manage successful Business Growth and Owner Transition is critical to the sustainability of your business and the legacy you’ve built. We help you leave your company in a strong position by acknowledging potential vulnerabilities and building intentional safeguards to reduce them.
Our Business Growth and Owner Transition model represents the perspectives of three stakeholders:
The Shareholder The Corporation The Key Leader
By defining the wins for each of the three stakeholders below, we’ll help you build an effective transition plan that will produce financial results for the company, achieve growth targets, and incent and retain your key leaders.
- Financial Independence
- Short-term Transition Plan
- Long-term Transition Plan
Define what you will need to be financially independent and how the corporation will help you achieve those goals. Read more.
- 5-Year Growth Plan
- EBIT Budget
- Key Leader Retention
Establish a template to begin defining the reinvestment allocations necessary to fund the shareholder win and support the key leader win. Read more.
Key Leader Wins
- Financial Independence
- Fulfilling Life Calling
Design a long-term incentive plan so your key leaders can participate in the corporate success they’ve helped create. Read more.
The Bottom Line
The Shareholder, Corporate, and Key Leader “Wins” must be balanced. A balanced approach promotes the best opportunity for long-term sustainable success for your family, your company and your key people. To learn more about our “3-Win” approach, contact us to schedule a commitment-free discovery session with one of our team members.
Want a little more detail?
Because each “win” cannot be achieved at the expense of another, it's important to understand our primary focus of each component within their respective win. Of course, for more detailed information, or when you’re ready to hone your competitive advantage, don’t hesitate to give us a call!
Corporate Wins | How we help you
- 5-Year Growth Plan Verify accuracy of current financials and determine appropriate and realistic growth targets while testing different scenarios for both corporate viability and shared wins.
- Earnings Before Interest and Taxes Budget (EBIT) Establish a budget for allocating earnings in a way that everybody wins. (taxes, growth capital, cash reserves, distributions, long-term incentive plans).
- Long-Term Incentive Planning (LTIP) Allow leaders to participate in the success they’ve helped create while ensuring the plan is designed to support both the shareholder and corporate wins.
Key Leader Wins | How we help you
- Key Leader Financial Independence Define the potential for achieving a desired level of financial independence by a certain age.
- Fulfilling Life Calling Encourage engagement in the personal goals of your key leaders by designing a long-term incentive plan to help meet their financial objectives and lifestyle goals.
For more information or to speak with a member from the Legacy Team, schedule a call.
We do not provide any tax, legal or valuation services. We coordinate with a qualified 3rd party for those services.